Knowing what interests you the most is a good place to start from, you have to be honest with yourself to find the job that suites you. To know yourself better I recommend you to do self-evaluation tests they are available on the internet. This test will assist you to know your strengths and weaknesses then you will be able to limit these weaknesses in order to get you a job.
Target is considered the second large retailer in America. It is also a global company they have an international version of their website available to shoppers in more than 200 countries and territories. They sell furniture, groceries and clothing and much more.
They have internships programs for both undergraduates and graduate students. They are very supportive and very welcoming for new employees, they provide a healthy environment and developing space. If you are considering working with them be prepared to reach their standers.
What type of jobs does Target frequently offer?
According to researches, they offers a wide range of choices and many opportunities you can search for the jobs that interests you online. Before you begin your application process make sure you have a complete and updated resume on hand. You’ll be asked for specific dates and positions held previously, as well as educational background and additional skills.
Once you have a resume prepared, you can go to Target’s jobs portal and search open jobs by keyword, location, and radius. There is filters you can use in their website for the career area, country and city.
You can also apply in Target stores where there are booths available to apply. The easiest job considered at target is Cashier Cart Attendant especially for beginners or those looking for their first job. You will be working under an Accountant Supervisor and you will be responsible to handle the following tasks:
- Handling cash income and customer service.
- Welcome and answer customer’s questions.
- Work on purchases and handle returns and changes.
- You need to understand the products and their features because you will be asked about them.
- You will be assisting in rearranging shelves and sells.
Is it hard to get a job at Target?
When it comes to applying for a job at Target, it is considered easy because many people apply online. It may takes a few weeks to process your application because of the high competition for their jobs. If you are planning to apply for a team member position, it is highly expected to have in-person interview.
You may wear polo shirt and chinos or dress shirt with black slacks its very simple if you are applying for entry position but you need to make your outfit a little bet professional if you are applying for managerial role to show you are taking this job seriously, so the dress code is very straight forward and clear.
However, we have prepared a series of sample questions you may be asked in your interview at Target:
- What can you tell us about Target? I recommend you to read a little bet about the company background how it started, what they sell and how they handle their customers. In addition, you may also read their SLA, which mean “service legal agreement” this, will make you stand out from the crowd.
- Why do you want to work at target? If you are a student or you are in college, tell them that your income will pay for this and you will be able to invest in your free time as well. However, you can say that you have heard about the company reputation and you would love to represent them and stand for their purpose and try to achieve the same goals.
- How would you deal with an upset customer? You need to explain how would you deal with this either if the customer cannot find what they are looking for that you would walk them over to where the product is located or if the customer is upset with a product you would see if the customer can exchange or replace it.
You do not need to worry about your resume because it is not required you will have the choice to upload your documents such as your resume, letters of recommendation, professional references and cover letter you also will be able to use your information from your LinkedIn profile.
They mostly are looking for teamwork employees, hard workers and customer service skills. On the other hand, if you are applying for a position that require you to operate a vehicle it is most likely to get into a drug test otherwise they usually do not care.
How much do employees makes at Target?
You are paid every two weeks and they actually hold the payment of your first week so you are likely to get your first paycheck after three weeks but in general, it is bi-week payment method. Regardless of that, the payments is considered good comparing with other companies like Starbucks.
Starbucks pay 12$ per hour while the minimum wage at Target is 15$ per hour which they actually won a praise from the labor advocates when they made this raise. Usually the full time employees works 8-12 hour a day while the part time is 6-8 hours a day.
Is Target good place to work?
It is a great place to work if you are a people person or if you are a student in high school or college or even stay at home mom. You can use your time and work at Target because even if the payment is better than other companies but you can’t make a fortune or big money from it so don’t take this job if you are not one of the people who appreciate living paycheck to paycheck also you need to be willing to work on holidays.
You will get many benefits such as local discounts and a healthy environment from the management department they are great to work with also the customers are mostly friendly they will not jump at you and start yelling.
At Target, there is many different cultures among employees you can find young and old, the experienced and inexperienced employees. You will learn a lot due to this collection of cultures and gain new skills.